Thursday, December 23, 2010

"R"

Well my first lunch was with someone named "R." I figured if he has the guts to ask me out I should have the guts to say yes. Taco Bell was the desided place. Nice, public and very informal. I told him I would be paying for my food. Trying to make it as little as a date as possible and more of just friends getting together for lunch.


Well, we will never be friends. Ever have that moment when you see what is ahead of you and you so wish you could run away. Well I am proud to say I did not run away. "R" did not bother to shower that morning, or shave, or even put on clean pants I think. He was very quiet. I am a talkative person but even I was struggling. He just sat across from me and stared. A LOT! I just kept talking, asking questions and eating. Don't judge, I was hungry!! I found out that "R" has no job, no car, and lost custody of his daughter to the foster care system. "R" was all the things you don't ever want to deal with. It was so, so depressing. I took pity and drove him to his physical therapy appt. Although he was 20 mintues early. I am sorry, I just could not take it any longer!!


Went home, laughed to my friend, Kathryn, and then felt and urge to shower, again. Chalked this one up to the "first lunch." It all has to start somewhere right. So glad he does not have my phone number or anyway to contact me what so ever!!. YIPEE!!

2 comments: