Friday, December 24, 2010

The one that got the blog started.

The infamous Mr J.

His opening line was, "Do you like pie?" Seriously, who doesn't. Great line by the way. Starts up a conversation pretty effortlessly.

A few days later we met for lunch after my work out. Sure I would be stinky and sweaty but seriously I did not care. He was a funny guy and I could tell we would prolly end up being good friends. Lunch was awesome. Panda Express. Yes, I ate my whole entree. I was hungry. Lol. We sat there for over an hour laughing. Laughing so hard our faces actually hurt. He was a blast!

We made a follow up lunch for Monday. Coolio! Monday came, and went. No biggie. He let me know that he was slammed at work, local trucking company, from the holidays.We will try again when things settle down. I seriously was not bummed because he was just a friend. We only txt'd a few times a day. On Tuesday I get a message from a girl named, "B." She asked me to ask "Mr.J" if he remembers being married? Hmm. That is a good question. I will have to ask.

That was a very interesting and short conversation. He wanted to know where I heard this, and who from. Told him that is not the point. It is a simple question with a simple answer. The answer was..... "YES!" I said, good bye. He was still talking about not being a player or some other crap. My heart goes out to his wife. Poor thing has to be married to that.

Now up until that phone call on Tuesday I was having a pretty lousy day. I was sick with a miserable cold and in bed. But that phone call was just what I needed. I started laughing so hard. I mean seriously, how could I deny you all the story. It is fantastic!! So thank you "Mr.J" for giving me the jump start I needed to start this blog. You made me laugh at lunch and you are still making me laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Man you're sure getting some crazy people already. So glad you're sharing this, hahahah!

    ReplyDelete